Professionals working in the fields of Risk Reduction and Disaster Management are invited to submit an abstract for an oral presentation, poster presentation, session or workshop on one of the topics to be covered at the International Disaster and Risk Conference (IDRC), taking place from August 26-30, 2012 in Davos Switzerland. Suggestions for pre- or post-conference events are also welcome. The call for contributions for IDRC Davos 2012 is open until February 29, 2012. Additional information on the conference is available here.
EMI is now accepting credit card payments for its online courses including the Global Distance Learning Program on Natural Disaster Risk Management (GFDRR-NDRMP), a series of online courses designed to build competency in DRM practice globally jointly being delivered with the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR).
Interested applicants may now pay the course fees using their Visa and Mastercards credit cards he Mastercard Information Gateway System (MIGS). Payment via bank/wire transfer is still available for those without credit cards.
Registration for the NDRMP Online Courses can be found here: https://emi-megacities.org/home/EMICoursePayment/form.php?training=NDRMP
In response to growing demands on disaster risk reduction, EMI in partnership with the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) is offering another run of the Comprehensive Disaster Risk Management Framework (CDRMF) and Safe Cities course.
The CDRMF, the basic and introductory course will run from November 7-December 14, 2011. This 6-week course gives an overview of major disaster risk management issues. It raises awareness of the growing risk of natural disasters and promotes a culture of prevention.
On the other hand, the Safe Cities is a month long specialization course that reviews processes, regulations – land use, infrastructure, construction, building codes – enforcement issues and methods essential to reducing exposure to hazards and limiting the physical vulnerability of high density settlements. This course runs from November 7-December 7, 2011
Online application is ongoing until November 2, 2011
- World Steps Up for Children and Disaster Reduction
- Proceedings of the Third Session of Global Platform Now Available
- The United Nations Climate Change Conference in Durban, South Africa set in November
- EMI and Pasig City Government Sets to Bolster EM Capacity of the City
- GeoHazards International to sponsor EERI E-Affiliates
- LIA workshop for Pasig City Concluded
- ADB seeks Senior Emergency Services Officer
- World's cities presents five-point action plan for sustainable development and DRR: Chengu Declaration for Action
- By the Numbers: 15 Most Populated Cities
- First Pasig Field Investigation on GIS successfully completed
Page 19 of 30