The 1st International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Disaster Management (ICT-DM'2014) aims to bring together academics and practitioners who are involved in the emergency services, emergency planning, disaster management and allied professions, to learn about latest developments, share research, experiences and information about this area.
CALL FOR PAPER:
Disasters are events that cause dramatic losses of life and property and disrupt the normal functioning of the economy and society on a large scale. Disaster management is multifaceted process to reduce the impact of disasters and provide assistance to affected populations.It involves information- and communication-intensive activities before, during and after disaster strikes. The revolutionary potential of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) lies in their ability to instantly and continuously facilitate rapid communication and flow of information, capital, ideas, people and products. Because of this potential, ICTs have shown usefulness for addressing various challenges including those related to disaster management. This makes everyone agree on their potential to revolutionize the disaster management area too.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that present original unpublished research on using ICTs for detection, prevention, preparation, response and recovery of disasters. There will also be invited presentations by experts from academia, industry, and government as well as special sessions dedicated to case studies, demonstrations and experiences based on pragmatic approaches. This way, the conference will provide a forum for supporting and encouraging both academic researchers, as well as practitioners involved in applied-focused research.
The conference topics are (but not limited to):
- Communication systems for disaster management
- Coordination and collaboration technologies and systems for disaster management
- Data/information management and analysis for disaster management
- Geo-Information technologies for disaster management
- Preparation and mitigation for managing disasters
- Practices for risk reduction and rapid response in developing countries
ICT-DM’2014 will include demonstration sessions that shall provide a forum to present and discuss: demonstrations of new products, applications and techniques, practical implementations; industrial and commercial developments, research testbeds and implementations meeting the topics of the conference. A 2-page extended abstract describing the main contributions of the demo and the merits of the proposed ideas must be submitted.
- Paper Submission: September 23, 2013
- Demo Submission: December 23, 2013
- Author Notification: December 01, 2013
- Demo Notification: January 20, 2014
- Camera Ready: December 16, 2013
- Conference Dates: March 24-25, 2014