EMI, an international, not-for-profit organization involved in urban development and disaster risk management is in urgent need of a Training Manager to be part of its knowledge management group and to manage its fast-growing capacity building program including an e-learning training program. The full-time position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage EMI’ s training and capacity building, including overall planning, strategic orientation, market research and studies, content development and upgrade, monitoring and review, monitoring, analysis, funding, resource allocation and support.
- Develop/Review reports, brochures, promotional material to support training and knowledge management activities.
- Supervise, manage and organize tasks of direct reporting staff of training unit
- Serve as Practice Leader for Training in all EMI projects that have a component on training and capacity building, with primary responsibilities for developing the training design and delivery strategy, formulating the training needs assessment (TNA) and other related tools needed, and developing training modules and helping facilitate the conduct of training courses.
- Act as Course Director of EMI’s Natural Disaster Risk Management Program (NDRMP) responsible for developing the marketing strategy, training schedule, budget and contracts, providing guidance and supervising the implementation of training courses of the NDRMP, and supporting the Subject Matter Experts and Course Facilitators.
- From time to time, serve as Project Manager or Project Coordinator of EMI projects, supporting the implementation of project activities and monitoring the performance of the project team with respect to the project work plan, budget and deliverables; undertake strategic planning, problem resolution and communication.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field such as public administration, communication, urban planning, international development, and other relevant social sciences; higher level of education will also be considered;
- Experience in managing training and knowledge management programs with experience in online training delivery
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with solid exposure to project management
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication. Knowledge of communication and graphic software and skills in report layout highly desirable.
- Prior experience in disaster risk management, humanitarian or development projects is a strong plus
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and strategic planning skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, graphics and editing, and relevant PM tools
- A good listener and self-motivated individual, requiring little supervision and proactive in communication and in exercising judgment
- Willing to adapt to a new work environment, shifting in priorities in the work plan and work under tight deadlines
- Possess the interpersonal skills to relate to people of different backgrounds and cultures; a team player
- Willing to travel overseas for 2-3-week durations at a time
Compensation: Depends on level of education and years of applicable experience.